You will learn all the basic concepts to be able to orient yourself without difficulty in the mountains, both with a map and with GPS, and all the practical fundamentals to be able to understand the weather before and during our mountain activities.
2.5-hour face-to-face workshop where tools are offered to minimize the triggers for most accidents in the mountains: getting lost and adverse weather.
“Everyone thinks that accidents happen to others” (GREIM Civil Guard), but more than 50% of the rescues are of normal people, carrying out normal activities and that could be avoided with a minimum knowledge of mountain safety.
– GPS, pros and cons. Most common mistakes and how to avoid them
– Validate tracks and make our own route
– Learn to read a map
– Use of the compass, take a course and triangulate a position to know where we are
– Understand and validate a weather forecast
– Search real-time weather information
Training opens the doors of access to new adventures. It is not a simple guided outing, it is about expanding and validating the concepts of orientation and meteorology from our “all about hiking” course or those learned from experience.