One-day face-to-face workshop where the tools to minimize and avoid accidents in the middle mountains are offered. How to analyze the risk and how to act if you find yourself in different real accident situations.
“Everyone thinks that accidents happen to others” (GREIM Civil Guard), but more than 50% of the rescues are of normal people, carrying out normal activities and that could be avoided with a minimum knowledge of mountain safety. Most of the errors that lead to an emergency situation have been identified and we will try to minimize them.
The workshop includes:
– Survival kit (for bivouac and heating food)
– Security sheets
– Differences between risk and danger and how to manage it
– Most common mistakes and how to act: getting lost, wind, adverse weather, high and low temperatures
– Action protocol practices in the event of an accident
– Communication practices with emergency team
– What first-aid kit should be taken
– How to make an emergency bivouac and an emergency kitchen.
Training opens the doors of access to new adventures. It is not a simple guided outing, it is about expanding and validating the safety concepts of our “all about hiking” course or those learned from experience.